If you’re not a member of the media, please call 800-654-7385 to be directed to the appropriate area.
You can also send us a secure message in Blue Access for MembersSM.
If you are a member of media with questions, please contact:
Colleen Miller at 312-653-6904
Help for Members Impacted by Severe Weather
Christian County has faced major storms and has been declared a disaster area. The Illinois Department of Insurance (IDOI) issued a notice on Dec. 4, 2018 , setting guidelines for insurers like Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL). These guidelines are in place to help people who live in areas of Illinois declared as disaster areas affected by the storms.
What This Means for All BCBSIL Members (Individual, Employer-based, Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan and Medicaid Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM)
- If you need to file a claim, make a payment or report information you have at least 60 days more from the last date allowed.
- If you have a complaint regarding a disaster-related dispute, please call the IDOI toll-free at 1-866-445-5364. You can also file a complaint online .
What This Means for Individual and Employer-based Members
- If you received a non-renewal notice dated on or after Nov. 23, 2018 stating your plan would be cancelled for non-payment, your plan will be not end and you will not lose coverage.
- BCBSIL will not send any new non-payment cancellation notices to affected members until the freeze ends on Jan. 23, 2019, or later, based on your circumstance.
What This Means for Individual Members Who Purchased Plans Directly from BCBSIL
- If you were unable to enroll in coverage for 2019 by Dec. 15, you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period and can enroll through Feb. 13, 2019.
We're Here to Help
We know that recovering from a natural disaster is never easy. For our members living or traveling in these impacted areas, your BCBSIL Customer Service representatives are ready to help you
- Find a doctor or hospital (excludes Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan members)
- Refill a prescription if you have Prime Therapeutics®*
- Coordinate or transition your care
- Get a member ID card
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
If you don't have your ID card, you can either:
- Print a temporary card on Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM), or
- Call your plan's Customer Service number. Provide either your Social Security number or your name and date of birth so that our customer advocates can help you.
|Individual and Family Insurance (if you bought your insurance through BCBSIL, an agent or the Health Insurance Marketplace)||1-800-538-8833|
|Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan||1-800-624-1723
We are open 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., CT, Monday through Friday.
|Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM||1-877-860-2837
|Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM||1-877-723-7702
|National BlueCard®||Call the Customer Service number on your member ID card|
- For emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergencies, call Customer Service to find a doctor or health care professional in your network.
- Bring your BCBSIL member ID card with you when you get care.
* Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime) is a separate pharmacy benefit management company contracted by BCBSIL to provide pharmacy benefit management and other related services. BCBSIL, as well as several Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, has an ownership interest in Prime Therapeutics.